Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Facebook, funerals, double ear infections and then some..

The holidays were relaxing this year. Did I just say that, Holidays = Relaxing. Normally Joel and I are carting Olivia to so many Holidays by the end of the 4 day Christmas time stretch we just want it to be done and over. This year was so different. My dad's family got together a few weeks prior. It wasn't the same but it was GREAT at the same time! Joel's Kangas side did not get together with the extended family this year. Instead we had fun at his parents eating appetizers and chowing down on Tacos while watching Disney Movies. We did decide to not go to the Zaine (my mom's side) Christmas this year. Olivia doesn't do as well with this grouping and it just gets to be a ball of stress for me. I literally broke down in tears last time. Wasn't happening again. Although we missed seeing that side of the family it was very nice to just have a relaxing Christmas day. My entire family was able to take a nap! This NEVER happens.. It was so nice!!!

Joel caught a bad cold and is finally getting better, just in time for Olivia and I to catch it. She woke up yesterday saying, "Mommy, my ear hurts soo bad!" Instantly knew ear infection. Sure enough, it's a double ear infection. She's been on antibiotics now since 4pm and is doing much better. We were up for a marathon 12-3:45ish this morning but I'm hoping it will work out well and cause her to sleep in the car ride today.

My grandmother passed away New Years Eve and the funeral is tomorrow in the Upper Peninsula of Michagen. 5 hours up 5 down. I'm hoping that Olivia is going to do all right for the drive. We have borrowed my mom's car DVD player which is a huge lifesaver for long trips. I've got a slew of DVD's ready for this afternoon and laundry/cleaning is going in attempts to get the house looking somewhat decent before we leave today. Running on minimal sleep and a cold brewing I'm hoping the drive is also going to be nice to me! We went to Wausau the day after Christmas and Olivia did fantastic. The drive back I was in the backseat watching movies with her and came to the conclusion that we definitely need a pillow back there! I'm hoping to stop a few times on the way up, just to stretch my legs, walk around etc. Long drives have been one of the tough things for me this pregnancy..

Which leads me to Facebook. I'm hopelessly addicted to it. I was prior to staying home and now being home all day I've viewed it as my link to the outside world when in all honesty it's a way to throw time down the drain. So much time I should be spending with my daughter. I gave up Facebook for Lent last year and the plan was to do the same this year. Then I realized that this was the same as saying I'll work out two weeks from now, or start walking the dog more regularly NEXT month.. New years resolution is a much better goal. It's going to be a huge year for us and I need to be preparing Olivia, the house, everything for it. So for a while I will be saying goodbye to Facebook. I hope this is like other things I have given up in the past. Cable TV for example. The first few weeks were terrible and then it wasn't so bad. I will miss everyone and keeping up with them, but we still have emails and phones.

With that I wish you all a Happy New Year. Please say a prayer for us today that the drives go smoothly and safely.

God Bless,

Love,

The Kangas Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment