Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tomorrow is the big day!!

Tomorrow I will be saying goodbye to Facebook for a while. How long, I don't know. What I do know is that it has taken up way too much time in my life. Time that I should be spending with my daughter, husband, house etc.

Tuesday afternoon we departed for Michagen. I spent the day cleaning, packing and attempting to keep my daughter, who decided to be awake from 1-4 that morning, awake. 4pm rolled around and we were pulling out the driveway. I was so nervous for how Olivia would do in the car. She did amazing. She was awake for a little while and fell fast asleep just north of the cities and proceeded to sleep until Duluth. It was late when we got to Duluth but Olivia enjoyed seeing the "BIG SHIPS" and Christmas lights on the drive. It was so nice to talk with Joel. I realized we don't spend that much time actively communicating during a week. I read a statistic that the average married couple only spend 47 minutes actively communicating per week! Wow... We arrived in Ironwood just after 9pm making very good time. We checked into the motel and Olivia was determined to go "Swimming" in the hot tub before it closed at 10. We were able to get our toes wet which was nice after such a long car ride.

The night was really tough, Olivia didn't fall asleep until just before one. Joel's CPAC machine is broken so he didn't have it with which left about an hourish of sleep for me. I was in a haze all morning. It was nice to see the cousins at the funeral. Grandpa Anthony was having a very hard time which was hard to see. We  left just after lunch and started our commute back to the Cities. I drove this time and it was nice once again talking with Joel. We talked and talked and talked, Olivia fell asleep quickly in the back seat and before we knew it we were back North of the cities.

We made an impromptu put stop in Forest Lake at my cousin Tammy's and met her new son Cole! He was so adorable and it was really nice to just relax and not drive anymore. We eventually got home just after seven, about 7 hours traveling for the day and it was so nice to be home.

Olivia's schedule is very off in terms of sleeping which happens with the Holidays. But I'm hoping that we can reset it a little tonight. These 11 or later bedtimes are getting hard! Even with her sleeping in until ten. We're having a little trouble with her meds for her ears.. She doesn't like to take them.

I'm looking forward to my time away from Facebook, it's time to recenter. Prepare for the baby arrival in April and spend time with Olivia and Joel. So many hours spent looking at a website... I feel terrible that I have let it get to this point. Wishing all of you out there in cyber land a good night and a happy new year. I am extremely excited for what 2011 has in store for our family!

God Bless,

Love,
The Kangas Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment