Monday, January 17, 2011

Yes.. My stomach definitely didn't fit with the tray table in the airplane...

You know you are pregnant when....


Okay so it just BARELY fit with the tray table, but I couldn't breathe with it down.. 29 weeks today and it was surreal this morning packing up at Dads' lake home that next time I came back I would be doing it with two kids! Now that probably won't be for a while but still it was a huge eye opener!! 11 more weeks until we meet our baby boy or girl!

Olivia and I had a great trip to Georgia. She did remarkably well on the flight there even with the almost one hour we spent on the Tarmac due to de-icing. Although she found it was very "awesome" it still tacked an hour onto the flight which was not so awesome towards the end. Nevertheless it was a good flight. We arrived and got the rental car for the weekend (My first time renting a car!!). Olivia really wanted to get a red one, like Lightning McQueen and we ended up with a Kia Soul. It was definitely a BOX but I was surpised with what a great drive it was. It was basically an SUV without the truck. Something that would never work for our particular situation (we most certainly need trunk space!). But it was a great ride!!!

There was SNOW in Georgia.. Yes, snow. There was actually a good amount of it too! Which was incredibly weird to see. Towards the end of our trip however it was warming up, about 50ish on Sunday which felt like heaven!! Olivia was able to play outside for almost two hours. She just loved it.

We were up this morning at 5am, 4am central time and haven't really stopped since. The flight was smooth on the way back and everything went off without a hitch! It's nice to be home though!

I was welcomed back with a painted bedroom!!!! It looks amazing! Our bedroom was the last room in the house to be painted. I was really hoping it would get done before the baby came and Joel pulled out all the stops (one his one weekend off a month) to get it done!!! The walls were so dirty before and had the same texture as sand paper, the wall paper border had been stapled, you heard me.... Stapled in addition to being glued to the wall. It was just gross. It's amazing to have it done!! I hung some pictures today but wow... It's just amazing!!!! Thank you hunny!!!

Now it's on to yet another week. Some goals of the week. Finish the dresser, it's all prepped, just needs to be painted. Do a deep clean of our bedroom, now that it's so nicely finished we need to declutter it!! And finish Christmas Thank you's.. I am so terrible, it's already the 17th and although I have a number of them done, they have not been sent out yet.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! God Bless!!!

Love,

The Kangas Family

No comments:

Post a Comment